Legal Permanent Residency


Our firm’s main goal is to provide expert and aggressive legal representation with Integrity in action in the following matters:

Legal Permanent Residency (Green Card)

Adjustment of Status: From Non-Immigrant to Immigrant Status

Foreign nationals who have been legally admitted to the United States, and continue to maintain their legal status, may change from one category of immigration status to another, without having to return to their country of origin to complete visa processing. This is called “adjustment of status.” For example, if you legally entered the country on a non-immigrant K-1 fiancĂ©e visa, and marry within 90 days from the time of your entry date, you are allowed to stay in the U.S. while applying for an Adjustment of Status to attain Permanent Resident (Green Card) status. The Green Card lawyer Phoenix at Cima Law Group are happy to help you to become a Lawful Permanent Resident (LPR) through the Adjustment of Status process.

You may apply for an Adjustment of Status to become a Permanent Resident if:

  • You are eligible to receive an immigrant visa
  • Are admissible to the United States for permanent residence
  • An immigrant visa is immediately available to you at the time of application filing

Legal Barriers to Adjustment of Status

If you entered the United States using one of the following visa categories, you are barred from adjusting your status and must leave the country first, to change your status, through consular processing: Non-Citizen crewmen who arrived in the U.S. on board an airplane, ship or vessel a foreign national transitioning through the U.S., from one country to another, an alien admitted legally into the U.S. as a non-immigrant visitor, under the Visa Waiver Program. If you wish to change your temporary, non-immigrant status to that of a Green Card holder, please contact our team of experts at CIMA Law Group today at (623) 377-4191 for further information.