Derivative Citizenship


Our firm’s main goal is to provide expert and aggressive legal representation with Integrity in action in the following matters:

Derivative Citizenship

Claiming U.S. Citizenship through Parents

Some individuals may be unaware that they have a claim to U.S. Citizenship based on parentage. For example, a person born on outside of the United States to U.S. citizen parent(s) may have already derived citizenship through his parent(s), and may be eligible to obtain a Certificate of Citizenship to show documented proof of his U.S. Citizenship status. Our team of experts at Cima Law Group, can help you to assemble and file an Application for Certificate of Citizenship (Form N-600 or N-600K) with the USCIS, based on biological, adoptive or naturalized U.S. citizen parentage.

You may claim U.S. citizenship through:

  • A U.S. Citizen mother, or a U.S. Citizen father
  • Both U.S. Citizen Parents
  • A U.S. Citizen Adoptive Parent
  • One or more foreign-born parents, who have become Naturalized U.S. Citizensv

Applying for U.S. Citizenship for a Minor Child

A U.S. Citizen Parent can apply for U.S. Citizenship on behalf of his or her minor child, including:

• A biological child

• An adopted child

Difficulties in Claiming Citizenship

The Application for Certificate of Citizenship, Form N-600, can be terribly difficult to navigate without experienced legal assistance. Failure to meet specific qualifications, or to provide evidence of citizenship, may cause the USCIS to reject your application. Call Cima Law Group today to schedule a consultation. A consult with our team of experts can determine your eligibility for Citizenship and help you through the complex application process. Based in Phoenix, Arizona, we serve clients locally, across the country, and around the world. Our number is (623) 377-4191.