Family Based Petitions

Family Based Immigration Attorney


Our firm’s main goal is to provide expert and aggressive legal representation with Integrity in action in the following matters:

Family Based Petitions

Family-Based Immigration: Visas for Immediate Relatives

CIMA has the best immigration attorneys for family based petitions. We have over 25 years combined experience in successful cases. We know that a family immigration lawyer is important for a successful outcome. If you are seeking a family based petition, you need the best family based immigration attorney. CIMA law group will assign your case the best family immigration lawyer possible.

If you filed a petition for your spouse and/or children when you were a lawful permanent resident (LPR) and you are now a U.S. citizen, the type of immigrant visa that your family members can receive will change. CIMA Law Group’s family immigration lawyers will walk you through the process of submitting proof of naturalization to the National Visa Center (NVC).

An experienced family based immigration attorney is critical. Call CIMA Law Group today! We will evaluate your case for free and provide you an experienced family immigration lawyer to handle your case personally. Our family based immigration attorneys have a 99% success rate with family based petitions. Call us immediately!

CIMA Law Group will provide the most experienced and sucessful family immigration lawyer for your case. A family based immigration attorney will treat you with respect and handle your case until the end. Call CIMA Law Group for a free consultation!

If you are a foreign national who wishes to live and work permanently in America, you may become a lawful Permanent Resident through a family-based immigration petition. If you are an immediate relative of a United States Citizen, your relative may file an immigration petition (Form I-130 Petition for Alien Relative) on your behalf with the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS). Your relative (the petitioner) must be a U.S Citizen, age 21 or older, before he can file a petition on your behalf (the beneficiary).

An immediate relative is classified as a:

  • Spouse
  • Parent
  • Unmarried child under the age of 21

As an immediate relative, a visa number will be immediately provided to you by the U.S. Department of State’s National Visa Center. The beneficiary receives notice from the National Visa Center once his or her visa number is assigned, then s/he will be notified to appear at a U.S. embassy or consulate in his or her native country to complete a visa processing.

Immigrant Visas and Priority Dates for Preference Category Relatives

Although visas for immediate relatives are unlimited, all non-immediate relatives fall under USCIS Preference Categories. The amount of immigrant visa numbers available to non-immediate relatives is subject to U.S. immigration quotas depending on the country of birth. Extended family members may have to wait many years to obtain an immigrant visa. During the immigration visa process, the date your family immigration petition was filed is called the priority date. Your relative becomes eligible for a visa if his or her priority date falls on or before the date listed in the visa bulletin, which is published monthly by the U.S. Department of State. Note that these dates change continuously.

Preference Categories:

First preference

  • Unmarried, adult sons and daughters of U.S. citizens (adult means 21 or older.)

Second Preference

  • (2A) Spouses of green card holders, unmarried children (under 21) of permanent residents
  • (2B) Unmarried adult sons and daughters of permanent residents

Third Preference

  • Married sons and daughters (any age) of U.S. citizens

Fourth Preference

  • Brothers and sisters of adult U.S. citizens

Visa approval can take time. At Cima Law Group, our team of experts works closely with U.S. embassies and consulates around the world to streamline the process. Call us today at (623) 377-4191 to make an appointment to talk to an attorney about petitioning for a loved one to join you in the United States.